El Mayor Amor

El Mayor Amor

Bienvenidos (Welcome)

Thank you for taking the time to visit my humble blog; it's not much, but it's a place for me to share the ways the Lord is directing, leading, and teaching me to those I love most. The destination is Esperancita, Honduras... a small town in the tropical countryside of Honduras, where God has led me to a mission field of orphaned children who have stollen my heart. The mission is this... to share the love of my Savior Jesus Christ in every way, and every day with these precious children. Esperancita translates to "little hope" in English, and yet I have no small hope for what the Lord can accomplish through my life, and through the lives of these children. I chose to title the blog "El Mayor Amor" (The Greatest Love), because I know the greatest Love quite personally. I love Him, because He first loved me! And, as the Bible commands, I seek to share that all-too-wonderful love with the children to whom the Lord has led me. As I aim to raise these children in the ways of the Lord, and assist with their most basic of needs (physical) and even their most complex of needs (love), please pray for me; That the love of my Savior would shine through my every action, and every deed... that in this area of "little hope" I could demonstrate the "greatest love" that points directly to Christ!

Thursday, March 6, 2014

25 Frijolitos

25 Little Beans... haha, what does that even mean you are asking?  It means a whole lot.

This week, I´m numbering at 25 girls in my home.  I had a 7 year old Michell arrive last week on Friday, and 2 girls staying with me while their mother is traveling in the capital with her special needs child seeking medical attention.  I actually chuckled a little bit and had an attitude with the Lord on that Friday... seriously, Lord? You think I can handle more? What in the world is your definition of not giving me more than I can handle?  Are you sure that you know me? Are you sure you understand how weak I am?... But, I answered my own questions.  He does... He always has... and He always will.

To be completely honest, we´ve been a little strapped on food for almost 2 weeks now.  I´ve been revising my budget and wanted to make some cuts, so some of the luxuries we were consuming (brown rice, whole grain pasta, and whole wheat flour) have been cut but also have not been in stock.  We´ve been eating ground oatmeal every morning, beans and corn tortillas every afternoon, and then stretching vegetables and eggs to invent wonderfully delicious concoctions.  We´ve been praying over the food just as we always do, and asking the Lord to multiply and provide for us.  He does.  Some days I have 26 mouths to feed, plus myself, and plus any visiting workers.  God always provides, and this week, Pastor Chungo decided to slaughter a cow so we had 2 servings of meat.  Amen.  I feel silly even talking about food, but I love seeing how little is much when God is in it.  Proverbs says that its better to eat legumes and vegetables with the love of the Lord in your home, than to eat a fattened calf... but sometimes, because He is so loving, He sends both!

Right now, I love my home more and more every day.  I love my girls.  I love them in their ups and their downs.  I love their hand written cards that tell me how much they love me and my discipline in their lives, and I love them even when they mistreat me or disobey.  I love watching them grasp new lessons, spiritually and mentally.  I love watching them grow.  I love learning to be... content!  While I wont say much about it, this last Saturday, I had a splendid time with the girls as we visited the little people group in Esperanza and spent HOURS playing soccer on a concrete court.  I played without shoes, and came back with a pretty nasty toe and extremely sore feet.  I actually crawled a bit in the clinic to move from room to room, laughing hysterically at the amount of pain my poor feet were in, but thanking the Lord for the opportunity to just spend some downtime with my girls outside of our occasionally extremely stressful 4 walls.  I will never boast in much of anything, especially not soccer skills, but I will boast in my God who uses such simple blessings to flood the soul with refreshing joy and strength, even though I walked with a limp for several days.  I am now back to normal :)

And PLEASE; pray for me as THIS WEEK, I would like to type up my next prayer letter.  I waited to have an updated template with all of my girls faces, and now I am already outdated with 2 new girls.  My computer isnt functioning much at all, and I certainly cant use it to type a letter as my keys dont all work.  Please pray that I can use Christa´s computer and make it happen if the Lord so wills it.

Thanks so much for your prayers and interest in my growing family´s lives.  We are eternally grateful.
Keep fighting the Good Fight,
Your fellow soldier,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for serving the Lord and your 25 little beans! It is such a blessing to read your updates about how the Lord is providing in so many ways. Stand firm, stay faithful.

    In Christ,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete